I had a good start today for my project promoting internet and social media use and awareness for High School students in Tanzania. I worked hard to create a very easy to understand presentation about internet and social media. I worked on it for more than a total of 10 hours, thanks for the help I got from my brother who is in Dodoma for few days visit.
After all that hard work on presentation, today I woke up in morning ready to go for the first day of my project, visiting Central High School, located within Dodoma Town. With a projector that I got in the last minutes, I was with all that I did need for today´s presentation to go smoothly. Yesterday I visited the school to keep posters for today´s program, with the support of the school government I was sure it will all go perfect! BUT!!!!!!! I feared one thing, POWER! But I got there and everything was well, I had the students and electricity was OK.
After presenting on what Internet and Social Media is, I have come to realise there is more to be done than what our government and society think. In my log book out of all more than 40 students who did write down there contacts only few filled the email address space, and of those non got it right! And these were not O Level students, remember am dealing with A Level students, who have about a year to join university.
As I discuss and answer their questions I just realise how much we have to do to educate more youth on all things relate to internet. From setting up an email address to privacy settings of their social networks profiles.
Wait to read my next report when I will be visiting another local school here in Dodoma.
After all that hard work on presentation, today I woke up in morning ready to go for the first day of my project, visiting Central High School, located within Dodoma Town. With a projector that I got in the last minutes, I was with all that I did need for today´s presentation to go smoothly. Yesterday I visited the school to keep posters for today´s program, with the support of the school government I was sure it will all go perfect! BUT!!!!!!! I feared one thing, POWER! But I got there and everything was well, I had the students and electricity was OK.
After presenting on what Internet and Social Media is, I have come to realise there is more to be done than what our government and society think. In my log book out of all more than 40 students who did write down there contacts only few filled the email address space, and of those non got it right! And these were not O Level students, remember am dealing with A Level students, who have about a year to join university.
As I discuss and answer their questions I just realise how much we have to do to educate more youth on all things relate to internet. From setting up an email address to privacy settings of their social networks profiles.
Wait to read my next report when I will be visiting another local school here in Dodoma.
You can view more photos from my Google Plus public album by clicking here!
Please I welcome your comments and views on how I can improve what I am doing in this project, anyone is welcome to help me with a projector! I will appreciate!
Please I welcome your comments and views on how I can improve what I am doing in this project, anyone is welcome to help me with a projector! I will appreciate!
![]()
No comments:
Post a Comment